In this post I’m going to show how to prepare ADF bindings, which could be utilised by ADF Desktop Integration Excel workbook. This is particularly about type of page definition file, which is special for ADFDI. However just in case I’ll shortly point out to tree and execute action bindings which will be necessary for Excel workbook. In another post I elaborate how to create ADFDI excel workbook – How to create ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook?
Assuming that you already have ADF model layer prepared. In the sample I use HR schema, provided by Oracle. In case you don’t have it installed, can download scripts here. Will use employees table which is covered by EmployeesView1 view object.
1. Create ADFDI page definition file:
- Right click on application view controller project, coose new from gallery
- Find and choose “ADF desktop Integration Page Definition (ADF Desktop Integration)”
- Click OK. Enter name for the file (in this demo its – adfdiPageDefinition.xml). Again OK. Page definition file is at your service
2. Prepare bindings in adfdiPageDefinition.xml page definition file:
- Add tree and execute bindings for EmployeesView view object:
- And here we go, these are our bindings which we’ll use in excel workbook:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <pageDefinition xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adfm/uimodel" version="220.127.116.11.31" id="adfdiPageDefinition" Package="view.pageDefs"> <parameters/> <executables> <variableIterator id="variables"/> <iterator Binds="EmployeesView1" RangeSize="10" DataControl="AppModuleDataControl" id="EmployeesView1Iterator"/> </executables> <bindings> <tree IterBinding="EmployeesView1Iterator" id="EmployeesView1"> <nodeDefinition DefName="model.EmployeesView" Name="EmployeesView10"> <AttrNames> <Item Value="EmployeeId"/> <Item Value="CommissionPct"/> <Item Value="DepartmentId"/> <Item Value="Email"/> <Item Value="FirstName"/> <Item Value="HireDate"/> <Item Value="JobId"/> <Item Value="LastName"/> <Item Value="ManagerId"/> <Item Value="PhoneNumber"/> <Item Value="Salary"/> </AttrNames> </nodeDefinition> </tree> <action IterBinding="EmployeesView1Iterator" id="Execute" InstanceName="AppModuleDataControl.EmployeesView1" DataControl="AppModuleDataControl" RequiresUpdateModel="true" Action="iteratorExecute"/> </bindings> </pageDefinition>
Please go further by finding out how to create ADF Desktop Integration workbook by reading another post – How to create ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook?
Demo application can be downloaded here.
ADF Version 18.104.22.168.0