Update – the easiest of CRUD operations to configure in ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) table component. Here is what needs to be assured to have it working:
- Commit action binding available in page definition file.
- Upload ribbon command is set up in excel worksheet. It must have at least to actions – upload and commit.
- Updating of row enabled in table component properties
In this post I’m going to extend previously created demo application – How to pass a parameter to ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) excel workbook?.
Lets shortly elaborate each of points mentioned above:
- In page definition for excel workbook of demo application there is only Commit action binding missing. Add it:
2. In demo application there is autogenerated (on add of table component) ribbon command for upload data. But there is still missing commit in action set. Add it by modifying Worksheet Properties:
3. Open properties of table component and under RowActions verify whether UpdateRowEnabled is True:
4. All is set now, can go for testing. Note, that before running test, application needs to be redeployed (because new commit action binding needs to be accessible for ADFDI plugin).
- Run excel workbook, change some data, i.e. salary of employee
- Triangle icon appears in Changed service column. Which indicates that there are pending changes in particular row which are ready to be processed on upload command.
- Click Upload ribbon command and check for Row updated successfully message in status column
Demo application can be downloaded here.
You might be also interested in:
- How to install ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) plugin?
- How to create ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook
- How to configure ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) worksheet to load data automatically on opening?
- How to pass a parameter to ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) excel workbook?
For more information, you can check Oracle documentation – Working with ADF Desktop Integration Table-Type Components.
ADF Version 18.104.22.168.0