Assuming that you already have ADFDI excel workbook ready to download data and do it via explicit click of download action (like we did in the post – How to create ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook). And now you want to download table data automatically on workbook opening. Here are the steps to be accomplished:
- Open Worksheet Properties
- Go to inside of Events
- Click Add. Startup event will appear in the list
- In the right tab expand Action Set and go into Actions
- Click Add and select ADFmAction. In the right tab go into ActionId and select Execute (It might be a different name for this binding in your case. This one is an execute action for EmployeesView1iterator of my demo application)
- Next we need to add download action. Again click on Add in Edit actions window and this time select ComponentAction.
- In the right tab select Download as an action
- Next and final step – add DownSync action. To have it in place, click Add and select WorksheetMethod. Desired action will appear automatically, no detailing necessary
- Confirm in all windows and test workbook. Data should be downloaded automatically on worksheet opening.
Demo application can be downloaded here.
ADF Version 184.108.40.206.0