In previous post I’ve provided some guidance how to use update operation in ADFDI table component. Here I’m going to show how to insert data. Assuming that you’re already familiar with update from post – How to update a record in ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook table component?. I’ll just further extend demo application developed in preceding post. So, to support insert we additionally need:
- Add CreateInsert action binding to page definition file
- Configure ADFDI table component to support insert. In properties of table component, make sure following settings are adjusted:
- RowActions -> InsertRowEnabled – set to true
- RowActions -> InsertBeforeRowActionId choose action binding for CreateInsert
- BatchOptions -> CommitBatchActionId – choose action binding for Commit
- Run workbook
- Insert new row using excel means (i.e. Right mouse click -> Insert Row) within table are
- Fill necessary data and click upload. Message Row inserted successfully should be displayed
Thats it. New record is in database!
Sample application can be downloaded here.
You might be also interested in:
- How to update a record in ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook table component?
- How to install ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) plugin?
- How to create ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) Excel workbook
- How to configure ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) worksheet to load data automatically on opening?
- How to pass a parameter to ADF Desktop Integration (ADFDI) excel workbook?
For more information, you can check Oracle documentation – Working with ADF Desktop Integration Table-Type Components.
ADF Version 220.127.116.11.0